The Association for Freedom of Thought and Expression (AFTE) is seeking to recruit a “Media and Communication Unit Director”, starting September, 2020, with a renewable one-year contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow-up and evaluation of the unit’s personnel.
- Reviewing press statements and social media content.
- Preparing an annual action plan for the media unit.
- Communicating with media outlets and relevant entities and organizations.
- Writing reports about the media unit’s activities.
- Coordination with the directors of other units.
- Excellent command of Arabic (writing and speaking) and very good command of English (writing and speaking).
- University degree, preferably in one of the following fields: “Media, Political Science”.
- Previous managerial experience in one of the following fields: “Media and journalism, Human Rights, Development”.
- Communication and teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to work under pressure.
- Belief in human rights principles and knowledge of human rights issues in Egypt.
- Master’s degree in Media, Political or Social Sciences is preferred.
How to Apply
Please send an updated CV to: [email protected], with “Media and Communication Unit Director Position” in the subject of your email.
Salary: Determined based on skills and experience, and in accordance with the salary scale of similar jobs in the field of human rights.
Application Deadline: 25 August 2020.