The Association for Freedom of Thought and Expression (AFTE) is seeking to recruit a researcher at the Research Unit, according to the following criteria and requirement:
Required Experiences and Skills
- Ability to write reports, studies, papers and statements.
- Ability and Knowledge of how to deal with victims of violations, and document their cases.
- Ability to communicate with official authorities and to build relations with the target groups.
- Proficiency in writing and searching with English and Arabic Languages.
- Communication skills and ability to work under pressure.
- BA degree, Political or Social Sciences are preferred.
- Previous research experience in the human rights field or in one of the research centers is preferred.
- Belief in fundamental principles of human rights.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow-up on the assigned files.
- Preparing reports, documents, researches and statements.
- Communicating with target groups and victims of violations.
- Providing periodic reports to the director.
About the position:
- 6 working hours daily, 5 days a week.
- There will be a probationary period at least 3 months before being appointed. AFTE has the right not to renew the contract after that without stating reasons.
- Salary is determined based on previous experience, and wage structure in the association.
How to apply:
Please submit your application by sending an updated CV to: [email protected] and write “Research Unit’s Researcher Position” in the subject of your email.
Closing date: 25 January 2021.