The Association for Freedom of Thought and Expression (AFTE) is seeking to recruit a “Media Officer” at the Media and Communication Unit, according to the following criteria and requirements:
- Good command of writing in Arabic and English.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in mass communication.
- Previous experience in journalism and media or civil society is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with media outlets.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office.
- Belief in fundamental principles of human rights.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Writing statements and news in Arabic and English.
- Preparing the monthly newsletter for legal and research activities of the association.
- Preparing a contact list of journalists and media outlets, and creating a publishing strategy of statements and publications of the Association in the Egyptian and foreign media outlets.
- Monitoring the news and media coverage regarding the publications and statements of the association.
- Follow-up on the messages received on the association’s Email and coordinating with the competent units to respond to it.
About the Job:
- 6 working hours daily, 5 days a week.
- There will be a probationary period at least 3 months before being appointed. AFTE has the right not to renew the contract after that without stating reasons.
- Salary is determined based on previous experience and wage structure in the association.
How to apply:
Please submit your application by sending an updated CV to: [email protected] and write “Media Officer Position” in the subject of your email.
Closing date: 25 January 2021.