Job Opening: Documentation Unit’s Researcher position
The Association for Freedom of Thought and Expression (AFTE) is seeking to recruit a researcher at the Documentation Unit, according to the following criteria and requirements:
Required Experience and Skills:
- Proficiency in data Collection, Screening, validation, analysis and reporting.
- Ability and Knowledge of how to deal with victims of violations, and document their cases.
- Ability to Communicate with official authorities and to build relations with the target groups.
- BA degree, Political or Social Sciences is preferred.
- Excellent command of writing and speaking Arabic is must, good command of writing and speaking English is prefered.
- Communication skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Proficiency in “MS Office” applications, specifically “Excel”.
- Previous experience in monitoring and documentation is preferred.
- Belief in fundamental principles of human rights.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and document violations of freedom of expression.
- Preparing fact sheets, surveys and reports.
- Communicate with target groups and victims of violations.
- Providing Periodic reports to the director.
About the position:
- Working 6 hours daily, 5 days a week.
- There will be a probationary period at least 3 months before being appointed. AFTE has the right not to renew the contract after that without stating reasons.
- Salary is determined based on previous experience, and wage structure in the association.
How to apply:
Please submit your application by sending an updated CV to: [email protected] and write
“Documentation Unit’s Researcher Position” in the subject of your email.
Closing date: 10 February 2021