The Association for Freedom of Thought and Expression (AFTE) is seeking to recruit a “Media and Communication Unit Director”, starting January 2021, with a contract for three months as a probationary Period, followed by a renewable one-year contract in case the probation Period is passed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow-up and evaluation of the unit’s personnel.
- Reviewing press statements and social media content.
- Preparing an annual action plan for the media unit.
- Communicating with media outlets and relevant entities and organizations.
- Writing reports about the media unit’s activities.
- Coordination with the directors of other units.
- Excellent command of Arabic (writing and speaking) and very good command of English (writing and speaking).
- University degree, preferably in one of the following fields: “Media, Political Science”.
- Previous managerial experience in one of the following fields: “Media and journalism, Human Rights, Development”.
- Communication and teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to work under pressure.
- Belief in human rights principles and knowledge of human rights issues in Egypt.
- Master’s degree in Media, Political or Social Sciences is preferred.
How to Apply
Please send an updated CV to: [email protected], with “Media and Communication Unit Director Position” in the subject of your email.
Determined based on skills and experience, and in accordance with the salary scale of similar jobs in the field of human rights.
12 December 2020.