Job opening: Research Unit Director
The Association for Freedom of Thought and Expression (AFTE) is seeking to recruit a “Research Unit Director”, starting September, 2020, with a renewable one-year contract.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow-up and evaluation of researchers working in the unit.
- Preparing an annual action plan for the research unit.
- Editing reports and publications.
- Communicating with relevant entities and organizations.
- Writing reports about the research unit’s activities.
- Coordination with the directors of other units.
- Excellent command of Arabic (writing and speaking) and good command of English (writing and speaking).
- University degree in one of the following fields: “Political Science, Law, Sociology, Anthropology”.
- Previous experience in managing research projects or previous management experience in one of the following fields: “Human Rights, Development, Public Policies”.
- Communication and teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to work under pressure.
- Belief in human rights principles and knowledge of human rights issues in Egypt.
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences is preferred.
- Previous experience in editing reports and papers is preferred.
- Developing research guidelines and defining research methodologies.
How to Apply
Please submit your full application by sending a written or edited research sample and an updated CV to: [email protected], with “Research Unit Director Position” in the subject of your email.
Salary: Determined based on skills and experience, and in accordance with the salary scale of similar jobs in the field of human rights.
Application Deadline: 25 August 2020.