The Association for Freedom of Thought and Expression is announcing about “Associate Editor in the legal research unit” vacancy, according to the following criteria and requirements:
Required experience and skills:
- Previous experience in editing position papers, statements, legal research reports and legislative analysis.
- Previous experience in the legal research field.
- University degree in one of the following fields: law, political and social sciences.
- Proficiency in research writing and editing with both Arabic and English.
- Literacy of provisions and charters of international law, and international and regional mechanisms for human rights.
- Previous experience in the human rights field is preferred.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Write and edit the publications of papers, statements and legislative analysis.
- Prepare the draft legislations and explanatory notes, aligned with the principles of human rights.
- Prepare relevant reports and files of international human rights protection mechanisms.
- Communicate with legislators, and relevant civil society organizations.
About the position:
- Working full-time 6 hours daily, 5 days weekly.
- There will be a probationary period at least 3 months before being appointed.
- Salary is determined based on previous experience, and wage structure in AFTE.
How to apply:
All applicants must send an updated CV in PDF format with samples of legal researches written or edited by them and write “ Associate Editor in the Legal Research Unit” in the email subject to: [email protected]
* Please note that there will be a one-hour written test immediately followed by the interview as a part of the selection process.
Closing date: December 7th, 2022