The Association for Freedom of Thought and Expression (AFTE) is seeking to recruit a researcher at the Documentation Unit, according to the following criteria and requirements:
Required Experience and Skills:
- Ability and Knowledge of how to deal with victims of violations, and document their cases.
- Ability to communicate and build relations with the target groups.
- BA degree, Political or Social Sciences is preferred.
- Excellent command of writing and speaking Arabic is a must, good command of writing and speaking English is prefered.
- Proficiency in “MS Office” applications, specifically “Excel”.
- Previous experience in monitoring and documentation is preferred.
- Belief in fundamental principles of human rights.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect data, Screening, validation, analysis and reporting.
- Write statements, fact sheets, case studies and research papers.
- Monitor and document violations of freedom of expression.
- Communicate with target groups and victims of violations.
- Provide periodic reports to the line manager.
About the position:
- Working 6 hours daily, 5 days a week.
- There will be a probationary period at least 3 months before being appointed.
- Salary is determined based on previous experience, and wage structure in the association.
How to apply:
Please submit your application by sending an updated CV to: [email protected] and write
“Documentation Unit’s Researcher Position” in the subject of your email.
Closing date: 16 April 2022