The Association for Freedom of Thought and Expression (AFTE) is seeking to recruit a Policy Research Unit’s Director, according to the following criteria and requirements:
Required Experience and Skills:
- Proficiency in Arabic both written and spoken, and very good command in English both written and spoken.
- University degree in one of the following fields: “Political Science, Sociology, Anthropology”.
- Previous experience in managing research projects or previous management experience in one of the following fields: “Human Rights, Public Policy, Development”.
- Previous experience in writing and editing policy papers, policy briefs, position papers and statements.
- Belief in human rights principles, and knowledge of human rights issues in Egypt.
- A Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow-up and evaluation of the researchers working in the policy research unit.
- Edit publications and policy papers.
- Prepare an annual action plan for the Policy Research Unit.
- Prepare reports about the policy research unit’s activities, and measure the capacity of the unit regarding the implementation of the action plan.
- Prepare a training plan for unit’s researchers about writing policy papers.
- Contribute in communication with the executive entities and the civil society organizations relevant to AFTE’s work.
- Coordinate with the directors of other units.
- Public appearance in the media, and events relevant to AFTE’s work.
- Develop policy research guidelines, and approve research methodologies.
About the position:
- Working 6 hours daily, 5 days a week at AFTE’s office in Cairo.
- There will be a probationary period at least 3 months before being appointed.
- Salary is determined based on previous experience, and wage structure of AFTE.
How to apply:
Please submit your application by sending an updated CV in PDF format, and samples of policy papers written or edited by the applicant to: [email protected] and write
“Policy Research Unit’s Director” in the subject of your email.
Closing date: 15th November 2022
* Please note that there is a one-hour written test that will be taken at AFTE office after the interview ends.